What is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is one of the most effective ways of improving your smile quickly and effectively. Teeth whitening works through the use of special gels which interact with the tooth surface and remove the surface staining and discolouration. We have 2 teeth whitening options namely Enlighten and ZOOM.
Enlighten Teeth Whitening
Enlighten is the only whitening system on the market which guarantees up to 16 shades whiter. It works by increasing the permeability of the tooth surface to oxygen which helps break down the stain molecules on the tooth surface.
Customised whitening trays are provided which allows for future top ups as the syringes can be purchased at a later date to top up the whitened teeth
|Whitens up to 16 shades whiter with a 98% success rate
||Takes up to 3 weeks from first appointment
|Works within a few days, and a noticeable difference can be seen
||Can get some sensitivity (although this can be improved with toothpaste provided)
|Less sensitive than traditional whitening treatments
||Need to avoid staining foods such as coffee, red wine, red sauce.
- Attend for a consultation and if suitable to begin whitening, one of the dentists can take some moulds of your teeth.
- The customised lab manufactured whitening trays are made and fitted. The gels are also dispensed and then need to be worn for a period of 2 weeks overnight with the gels.
- Following this, a one hour in chair boost session is required to complete the whitening process.
Zoom Teeth Whitening
ZOOM whitening uses the same whitening technology but over a shorter period of time. The process is a 90 minute session where the gels are applied to the teeth, and a light activates the gel over a period of 4-5 15 minute cycles. Once some desensitising paste is applied afterwards, the whitening procedure is completed.
|Whitens up to 6 shades whiter in a one stop 90 minute session
||More subtle whitening effect compared to others on the market
|Good option for a quick whitening top up without making the teeth to white.
||Can get some sensitivity during the procedure and afterwards
|Less sensitive than traditional laser whitening procedures.
||Needs to be done in the clinic over a period of 90 minutes rather than at home.
- Attend for a consultation and if suitable, a rubber mouthguard and seal are applied to teeth
- Whitening Gels are then applied
- Light source is then applied for 15 minute cycles to activate the gels until the improvement in whitening occurs
- The whole process takes around 90 minutes from beginning to end
- A take home kit is provided for the next 2 weeks if desired to get an additional boost