What is Invisalign Treatment?
Invisalign treatment is a process for straightening misaligned and gapped teeth discreetly using invisible aligners. An aligner needs to be replaced every week, until the desired result is obtained. 3-D technology is used to determine the exact shape of your teeth and accordingly aligners are designed specifically for your mouth.
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment where crowded or gapped teeth and cases of improper bite are resolved using clear braces. For those individuals who prefer discretion and who suffer from crooked and improper bites, you can now correct your teeth without letting anyone know that you are undergoing Invisalign treatment.
Please note that this treatment is not suitable for those with severe bite problems.
Why Should You Choose Invisalign?
Research made by prominent dental specialists and feedback received from patients, that there are six ways Invisalign will benefit you:
- Transparent and Removable
The retainers will be less noticeable when you speak, as transparent aligners won’t let anyone know that you are undergoing any kind of dental treatment. Another amazing benefit of wearing aligners is that you remove them when required. However, it is advised to wear the aligner for 22 hours/day for the anticipated results.
- Better for Maintaining Oral Hygiene
With removable aligners there will no food debris stuck onto the metallic wires and makes things less complicated for you to manage. As you can easily remove aligners from your teeth, you can eat, brush and floss comfortably and stay away from hassles of bacteria, cavities, gum diseases, tooth decay and loss.
- Confidence to Smile and Stay Away From Cardiovascular Disease
With no one to point out your visible metal braces, you feel absolutely no hesitation to smile and enjoy in your surroundings. This positivity is further fortified by the fact that your cardiovascular health improves with elevated times of smiling.
- A Happy Smile Means Less Anxiety
Do you know researches insist that even a forced smile promotes happiness? Research shows that when they asking participants to smile forcibly, the same pleasure centres were triggered in brain like that of individuals who smiled naturally.
You will be able to smile without giving two thoughts on whether or not people can see your braces.
Who can you have Invisalign?
Whether any treatment is suitable for you or not can be ideally suggested only by an accredited Invisalign provider in London.
Invisalign is can be used to solve the Following Problems:
- Crossbite: When one or more teeth from the upper jaw, bite on the interior of the lower set of teeth, it is known as crossbite. This happens when both upper and lower jaws are misaligned. It can cause degradation of teeth, loss of bone and gum disease.
- Gapped teeth: Gap in between teeth can occur due to abnormal growth of jawbone or when due to lack of tooth, teeth from the neighbouring areas tend to shift from their respective positions into the extra space. Gapped teeth can give rise to gum problems and periodontal disease.
- Underbite: Due to insufficient growth of upper jaw or missing number of upper teeth, lower jaw may protrude and give rise to improper bite. This hinders the normal functioning of front teeth and causes pain in the jaw.
- Overbite: This happens when the upper jaw abnormally covers the lower jaw. An overbite can give rise to gum problems, wearing of teeth on lower jaw and joint problems.
- Crowded teeth: Crowding of teeth occurs when there is not enough room in the upper and lower jaws to fit all growing teeth. As a result, the teeth get crowded and when left untreated become severely crooked. It is quite difficult to clean such misaligned teeth, for which problems of plaque, gum disease and tooth decay are common in case of crowded teeth.
- Open bite: As the name suggest, an open bite takes place when some teeth on upper and lower jaws are unable to meet each other physically. Apart from genetic reasons, poor chewing habits and excessive sucking on thumbs are other reasons for an open bite.
Invisalign Treatment – Step by Step Procedure:
- Your experience starts with a 45 minute consultation session with one of the Invisalign experts at White Rose Dental Studio.
- After listening to what you are hoping to achieve, your dentist will design a personalised plan and a computer model of the procedure.
- Once approved, a session is arranged for the process of made-to-measure Invisalign aligners to begin. Your specifications and photographs, along with an impression of your teeth, will be sent to the Invisalign Laboratory.
- Using your dental impressions as a template, your custom-made clear braces will be manufactured.
- Clear braces are designed with precision for optimum effectiveness.
- The braces will be fitted in the clinic, and your journey to straight teeth is underway.
- You will be advised to wear each of these comfortable aligners for two weeks continuously until your teeth gradually move to the correct position.
- The average treatment time is 3-6 months, a time that may be more or less depending on the complexity of your tooth misalignment. An accurate forecast of the length of the treatment will be provided to you at your consultation. You will also be provided with a visualisation of what the outcome is predicted to be.
- Check-up appointments will be made at every 4 weeks intervals to monitor your progress, make any corrections necessary and provide you with additional aligners.
Advantages of Invisalign:
- With no metallic wires around your teeth, clear aligners of Invisalign treatment are highly suitable to be used in everyday life.
- Aligner being detachable in nature is a convenient dental solution, as it can be removed while eating, drinking, brushing and flossing.
- It reduces chances of dental problems by allowing its users to carry on with dental hygiene habits normally.
- Custom made for your dentition; aligners are ideal way to cure your misaligned teeth without any irritation.
- It boosts your confidence and allows you to carry your daily activities with ease, as they are virtually invisible and cannot be traced out by other people easily.
What differentiates Invisalign from traditional braces?
Invisalign exerts just the right amount of pressure required for tightening your teeth. Besides, it is not strikingly visible like traditional metal braces, telling everyone around you that you are under a dental treatment. Aligners are transparent, for which you can wear it without any uncertainty.
As for the annoying problem of cleaning the food stuck onto metallic braces, there is no such issue in case of aligners. They can be removed whenever you want to clean your teeth, for sustaining healthy condition of your dentition.
How Much Do Invisible Braces Cost?
As a general rule the cost is much lower than traditional fixed braces. And although we suggest to make an appointment our Accredited Invisalign Provider dentists at White Rose Dental Studio who are able to fully determine your cost, also we sometimes have discount of the month please ask our member of the team.
Invisalign Special Offer at White Rose Dental Studio
Contact our dentists for gapped or misaligned teeth and get a free tooth whitening package on all completed Invisalign treatments. Call us on 02073727800 to book your treatment or appointment.
How hidden are invisalign braces?
Invisalign aligners are invisible and remain hidden inside your mouth. Even after having a lengthy conversation face-to-face with friends or family, they’ll never even guess that you were having your aligners on.
Does invisalign affect one’s speech?
Initially, there’ll be a slight lisp while speaking. Within a few days you’ll get used to your aligners and will start speaking clearly and confidently.
Is it easy and comfortable to use Invisalign aligners?
Invisalign aligners were designed to offer you greater ease and comfort over traditional aligners. These modern braces are totally free from metal wires and brackets and hence, assured to offer you greater ease, convenience and comfort.
How long do I need to wear the aligners every day?
At least 22 hours a day, otherwise the treatment won’t be effective. However, the advantage of Invisalign aligners is that you can take it off when you eat, drink, brush or partake in any contact sport to wear back again in time.
Do I have to wear Invisalign attachments?
That depends on case to case; we attach these small tooth-coloured buttons to the teeth of some patients to help the teeth move in a fixed direction.
What should I do, in case, I lose my Invisalign aligners?
Let us know immediately, as soon as you misplace it. Meanwhile, wear an aligner from your previous set to prevent your teeth moving too far away from their desired locations. Just hold on till our expert’s instruction reaches you.
What Invisalign aligners are made of?
Invisalign braces are made of transparent poly-cystalline alumina or TPA. This product was initially meant for missile tracking. Given its other properties, like transparency and smoothness, it is the best option for designing invisible braces.
Do I need to continue wearing the aligners once the treatment completes?
Yes. After the treatment gets over, you will need to wear either fixed or removable retainers to ensure the teeth do not move away from their new positions. You may discuss these options without expert dentists at any time before or during your invisalign treatment.