Dr Anoushiravan Ariakish
DDS, MSc Perio (U.Plym), Dipl Perio (U.Plym), PgCert Perio (U.Plym), AssocMCGDent
Lead Dental Surgeon and Clinical Director
Clinical Supervisor ( University of Plymouth)
Dr Ariakish graduated as a Dental Surgeon in 1998 with a doctorate degree in stomatology from the prestigious Carol Davila medical university of Bucharest.
He then moved to the UK in 1999 and studied dentistry once again qualifying as a dental surgeon for the second time. He has over 20 years of experience in treating patients in all aspects of dentistry and is currently a clinical supervisor at the University of Plymouth.
Dr Ariakish is:
• Fully registered with the General Dental Council
• Member of the British Dental Association
• Member of the American Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry
• Member of the British Society of Periodontology
• Accredited Invislaign Provider
• Monitored and regulated by the Care Quality Commission.
Dr Ariakish fluently speaks four languages He has won the Most Improved Dental Practice title in 2009 and subsequently won the ‘Best Dental Team 2010’ and ‘ Best Dental Practice 2010’ awards in UK’s National Dentistry Awards 2010. He is an opinion leader on the treatment of dental implants and gum disease and a member of the College of General Dentistry in UK in recognition of his excellent knowledge and commitment to the profession.
He has completed extensive post graduate training in periodontology at the highly acclaimed Peninsula University in Plymouth achieving a post graduate certificate and a post graduate diploma in periodontology making him an expert in this field. Dr Ariakish has been awarded a Master of Science in Periodontology from the highly ranked University of Plymouth where he also teaches the future dentists. Dr Ariakish is also involved in research and has a special interest on the subject of periodontitis (gum disease) and peri-implantitis (Diseases of the tissues around dental implants).
Dr Ariakish’s field of practice includes:
• Failed and complex tooth extraction
• Wisdom tooth removal
• Orthodontic extraction
• Restoration of dental implants
• Treatment planning for dental implants
• Diagnosis of failing dental implants
• Surgical and nonsurgical management of failing dental implants
• Removal of failing implants
Periodontology: (Science and treatment of soft tissues surrounding the teeth and gum disease)
• Non-surgical and surgical periodontal treatment
• Periodontal problems related to implants (Peri-implant mucositis and peri-implantitis)
• Crown lengthening procedures
• Mucogingival management
Dental crowns and bridges
• Teeth whitening
• Dental veneers